The Department of Economics and Statistics of the University of Naples Federico II offers a Summer School program on recent advances in Economics and Finance. The Summer School is addressed to Master students and PhD students in Economics and Finance. The topics covered in the first edition are advances in:
- experimental economics: Antonio Guarino, University College London
- labor economics: Luigi Pistaferri, Stanford University
- macro-finance: Marco Di Maggio, Harvard Business School
Participants will gain insights into cutting-edge research in economics and finance through lectures by outstanding faculty. Students will learn how to conduct experiments in economics and finance and how to implement state-of-the-art econometrics techniques in labor economics and macro-finance. After the lectures, the faculty will be available to discuss research ideas and projects with program participants.
There are no admission fees, but attendance will be limited to 30 students, on the basis of applicants' qualifications and research interests.
Participants will have to cover their travel and accommodation expenses.
Applicants must submit their application at the following link no later than May 15, 2018:
- 7-8 June "Experimental Economics", Antonio Guarino
- 8-11 June "Labor Economics", Luigi Pistaferri
- 11-12 June "Recent Developments in Macro-Finance", Marco Di Maggio